World Environment Day
Since the first celebration in 1974, the World Environment Day has helped UNEP to raise awareness and generate political momentum around growing concerns such as the depletion of the ozone layer, toxic chemicals, desertification and global warming. The Day has developed into a global platform for taking action on urgent environmental issues. Millions of people have taken part over the years, helping drive change in our consumption habits, as well as in national and international environmental policy.
‘Connecting People to Nature’, the theme for World Environment Day 2017, implores us to get outdoors and into nature, to appreciate its beauty and its importance, and to take forward the call to protect the Earth that we share.
For more information, please visit:
Violence against women and girls have many faces. Verbal abuse is one form of violence that might not always be visible to others, but can deeply affect a person’s physical and emotional well-being.
Stop Verbal Abuse!
Video produced as a collaboration between the Delegation of the European Union to Pakistan, Potohar Organization for Development Advocacy & UN Women Pakistan.
The soundtrack is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/)
PAKISTAN’S CHALLENGES: SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS 2015-2030
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 targets were formally adopted by the UN member states during the SDGs Summit at the UN on 25-27th September 2015. Pakistan is one of the first countries in the world to have adopted the SDGs through a unanimous resolution of the parliament. The 17 SDGs aim to leverage the linkages between economic development and human well-being to improve the situation of People (human development), Planet (environment), Prosperity (economic development and poverty alleviation), Peace (peaceful and tolerant societies) by 2030.
The Dawn newspaper is running a special series on the SDGs to explore the significance of achieving each one of them, and what it means for Pakistan.
- SCALING-UP NUTRITION (SUN) SECRETARIAT LAUNCHED IN SINDH TO COMBAT MALNUTRITION AT LOCAL LEVEL
- International Day of the Girl Child
- Taking Stock: Disaster Preparedness as we remember the devastation of the 2005 Earthquake
- The United Nations in Pakistan lauds passage of bills on anti-honour killing and anti-rape
- UN Family in Pakistan expresses condolence on the sad demise of Mr Edhi
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on terrorist attacks in Pakistan
- United Nations in Pakistan strongly condemns the attack on Lal Shahbaz Qalandar shrine in Sindh
- United Nations in Pakistan strongly condemns the terrorist attack in Peshawar
- United Nations in Pakistan strongly condemns the terror attack in Lahore
- United Nations in Pakistan strongly condemns the attack on Ahmadi mosque in Chakwal
- UN Pakistan Resident Coordinator, Mr. Neil Buhne visits the site of Youth Employment Project in Karachi
- UN lauds Pakistan stall as one of Best in World Humanitarian Summit Exhibition Fair
- UN RESIDENT COORDINATOR IN PAKISTAN, NEIL BUHNE’s pleasant visit to Kurram Agency
- Pakistani youth propel the number of global HeForShe champions to over 300,000
- UN experts urge Pakistan not to execute juveniles