Pakistan, UN sign Sustainable Development Framework
The Government of Pakistan and the United Nations in Pakistan Wednesday signed the UN Sustainable Development Framework (UNSDF), also known as the One Programme III (OPIII) 2018-2022 at a ceremony held in the Economic Affairs Division (EAD).
Secretary EAD and United Nations Resident Coordinator signed the document along with other UN agencies working in Pakistan, said a press release. Syed Ghazanfar Abbas Jillani, Secretary EAD remarked that the signing is an important milestone for the Government of Pakistan as it reinforces 70 years of trusted partnership with the UN.Read Details
On this International Youth Day, young colleagues working with United Nation in Pakistan share their inspirations for sustainable development.
Video message by Neil Buhne, Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator for the United Nations in Pakistan on the First International Day of Remembrance of and Tribute to Victims of Terrorism.
Video message by Neil Buhne, Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator for the United Nations in Pakistan on the First International Day of Remembrance of and Tribute to Victims of Terrorism.24 August 2018اس پر United Nations - Pakistan نے شائع کیا پیر، 20 اگست، 2018
- UNDP Pakistan launches the Pakistan National Human Development Report 2017 – Unleashing the Potential of a Young Pakistan
- Pakistan, UN sign Sustainable Development Framework
- Policy Dialogue held between the Government of Punjab and the United Nations Pakistan
- UN Pakistan celebrates 72nd Anniversary of the United Nations
- SCALING-UP NUTRITION (SUN) SECRETARIAT LAUNCHED IN SINDH TO COMBAT MALNUTRITION AT LOCAL LEVEL
- International Day of the Girl Child
- Taking Stock: Disaster Preparedness as we remember the devastation of the 2005 Earthquake
- The United Nations in Pakistan lauds passage of bills on anti-honour killing and anti-rape
- UN Family in Pakistan expresses condolence on the sad demise of Mr Edhi
- The United Nations in Pakistan urges Government action to end “Honour Killings”
Low Resolution Version(Quick Download for Slower Internet Connections)
UN Pakistan celebrates 72nd Anniversary of the United Nations
The United Nations in Pakistan organized an event to celebrate the 72nd Anniversary of the United Nations. All staff members, member states, diplomatic community and government counterparts were invited to partake in the festivities.
On the occasion, Mr. Neil Buhne, the UN Resident Coordinator in Pakistan said: “Pakistan has a wealth of diversity among its people; Scientists, activists, Nobel Prize winners, hard working men and women respected throughout the world who remit funds, a military that has contributed to the top leadership to UN peacekeeping, dedicated and skilled federal and provincial civil servants many of whom could work anywhere – and do with the UN. It is fitting then, that the theme for this year’s UN Day is “Potential in Diversity”.”Read Details
PAKISTAN’S CHALLENGES: SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS 2015-2030
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 targets were formally adopted by the UN member states during the SDGs Summit at the UN on 25-27th September 2015. Pakistan is one of the first countries in the world to have adopted the SDGs through a unanimous resolution of the parliament. The 17 SDGs aim to leverage the linkages between economic development and human well-being to improve the situation of People (human development), Planet (environment), Prosperity (economic development and poverty alleviation), Peace (peaceful and tolerant societies) by 2030.
The Dawn newspaper is running a special series on the SDGs to explore the significance of achieving each one of them, and what it means for Pakistan.
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on terrorist attacks in Pakistan
- United Nations in Pakistan strongly condemns the attack on Lal Shahbaz Qalandar shrine in Sindh
- United Nations in Pakistan strongly condemns the terrorist attack in Peshawar
- United Nations in Pakistan strongly condemns the terror attack in Lahore
- United Nations in Pakistan strongly condemns the attack on Ahmadi mosque in Chakwal
- UN Pakistan Resident Coordinator, Mr. Neil Buhne visits the site of Youth Employment Project in Karachi
- UN lauds Pakistan stall as one of Best in World Humanitarian Summit Exhibition Fair
- UN RESIDENT COORDINATOR IN PAKISTAN, NEIL BUHNE’s pleasant visit to Kurram Agency
- Pakistani youth propel the number of global HeForShe champions to over 300,000
- UN experts urge Pakistan not to execute juveniles