PAKISTAN’S CHALLENGES: SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS 2015-2030
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 targets were formally adopted by the UN member states during the SDGs Summit at the UN on 25-27th September 2015. Pakistan is one of the first countries in the world to have adopted the SDGs through a unanimous resolution of the parliament. The 17 SDGs aim to leverage the linkages between economic development and human well-being to improve the situation of People (human development), Planet (environment), Prosperity (economic development and poverty alleviation), Peace (peaceful and tolerant societies) by 2030.
The Dawn newspaper is running a special series on the SDGs to explore the significance of achieving each one of them, and what it means for Pakistan.
When women and girls are not born with labels, why should they be labelled and teased?
Labelling and teasing, if unwelcome, may be regarded as harassment, humiliation or bullying.
UN Women’s 'Stop labelling women - freeze the tease’ initiative is a simple yet powerful one that aims to send out a message to stop labelling women with a negative, sexual or outcast status and casually write them off.
Launched on International Women’s Days, 8th March 2016, 8 Pakistani women were asked “How are you labeled?” and “Who you really are?”
The campaign, created together with Ali Gul Pir (a Pakistani entertainer, rapper, comedian and writer) and www.bensound.com, encourages women and girls to share their #LabelvsYou struggle and urges people to stop, think and end the culture of teasing and offensive labelling.
- SCALING-UP NUTRITION (SUN) SECRETARIAT LAUNCHED IN SINDH TO COMBAT MALNUTRITION AT LOCAL LEVEL
- International Day of the Girl Child
- Taking Stock: Disaster Preparedness as we remember the devastation of the 2005 Earthquake
- The United Nations in Pakistan lauds passage of bills on anti-honour killing and anti-rape
- UN Family in Pakistan expresses condolence on the sad demise of Mr Edhi
- Statement by the UNITED NATIONS SYSTEM in Pakistan
- UN Secretary-General statement on the Bacha Khan University attack
- UN Statement on the one-year anniversary of the attack at the APS Peshawar
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on earthquake in South Asia
- UNDP Administrator Helen Clark on the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- UN lauds Pakistan stall as one of Best in World Humanitarian Summit Exhibition Fair
- UN RESIDENT COORDINATOR IN PAKISTAN, NEIL BUHNE’s pleasant visit to Kurram Agency
- Pakistani youth propel the number of global HeForShe champions to over 300,000
- UN experts urge Pakistan not to execute juveniles
- Pakistan’s Seed Industry Experts Discuss New Policy to Revive the Industry