Pakistan, UN sign Sustainable Development Framework
The Government of Pakistan and the United Nations in Pakistan Wednesday signed the UN Sustainable Development Framework (UNSDF), also known as the One Programme III (OPIII) 2018-2022 at a ceremony held in the Economic Affairs Division (EAD).
Secretary EAD and United Nations Resident Coordinator signed the document along with other UN agencies working in Pakistan, said a press release. Syed Ghazanfar Abbas Jillani, Secretary EAD remarked that the signing is an important milestone for the Government of Pakistan as it reinforces 70 years of trusted partnership with the UN.Read Details
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and United Nations Pakistan celebrates 73rd Anniversary of the United Nations
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the UN country team jointly organized a ceremony at the Foreign Office today to mark the 73rd anniversary of the United Nations Day.
Speaking on the occasion, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi outlined the Government’s priorities with a particular focus on social and economic development, poverty alleviation, job creation and institutional reforms. Acknowledging the role and contribution of the United Nations in these endeavours, the Foreign Minister expressed Pakistan’s willingness to further build on this partnership.
The UN Secretary General’s video message was also played on this occasion. A photo exhibition capturing the visual history of Pakistan’s diplomatic engagement at the United Nations since 1947 had also been arranged.
The Foreign Secretary, heads of diplomatic missions and UN agencies, senior civil and military officials, former Pakistani Ambassadors and officers of the Foreign Ministry were present at this well-attended event.
On this International Youth Day, young colleagues working with United Nation in Pakistan share their inspirations for sustainable development.
Video message by Neil Buhne, Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator for the United Nations in Pakistan on the First International Day of Remembrance of and Tribute to Victims of Terrorism.
Video message by Neil Buhne, Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator for the United Nations in Pakistan on the First International Day of Remembrance of and Tribute to Victims of Terrorism.24 August 2018اس پر United Nations - Pakistan نے شائع کیا پیر، 20 اگست، 2018
- Remarks by the Secretary-General on Sustainable Development and Climate Change
- Secretary-General Appoints Julien Harneis of the United Kingdom UN Resident Coordinator in Pakistan
- UNSGSA Queen Máxima to visit Pakistan to promote access to financial services
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and United Nations Pakistan celebrates 73rd Anniversary of the United Nations
- UNDP Pakistan launches the Pakistan National Human Development Report 2017 – Unleashing the Potential of a Young Pakistan
- Pakistan, UN sign Sustainable Development Framework
- Policy Dialogue held between the Government of Punjab and the United Nations Pakistan
- UN Pakistan celebrates 72nd Anniversary of the United Nations
- SCALING-UP NUTRITION (SUN) SECRETARIAT LAUNCHED IN SINDH TO COMBAT MALNUTRITION AT LOCAL LEVEL
- International Day of the Girl Child
Low Resolution Version(Quick Download for Slower Internet Connections)
PAKISTAN’S CHALLENGES: SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS 2015-2030
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 targets were formally adopted by the UN member states during the SDGs Summit at the UN on 25-27th September 2015. Pakistan is one of the first countries in the world to have adopted the SDGs through a unanimous resolution of the parliament. The 17 SDGs aim to leverage the linkages between economic development and human well-being to improve the situation of People (human development), Planet (environment), Prosperity (economic development and poverty alleviation), Peace (peaceful and tolerant societies) by 2030.
The Dawn newspaper is running a special series on the SDGs to explore the significance of achieving each one of them, and what it means for Pakistan.
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on terrorist attacks in Pakistan
- United Nations in Pakistan strongly condemns the attack on Lal Shahbaz Qalandar shrine in Sindh
- United Nations in Pakistan strongly condemns the terrorist attack in Peshawar
- United Nations in Pakistan strongly condemns the terror attack in Lahore
- United Nations in Pakistan strongly condemns the attack on Ahmadi mosque in Chakwal
- UN Pakistan Resident Coordinator, Mr. Neil Buhne visits the site of Youth Employment Project in Karachi
- UN lauds Pakistan stall as one of Best in World Humanitarian Summit Exhibition Fair
- UN RESIDENT COORDINATOR IN PAKISTAN, NEIL BUHNE’s pleasant visit to Kurram Agency
- Pakistani youth propel the number of global HeForShe champions to over 300,000
- UN experts urge Pakistan not to execute juveniles